We are happy and excited to welcome you to integrate with the Xero accounting system. In this manual you will find the steps to connect Xero to Basecone.
1. Add Xero as the accounting system
2. Add company from Xero
3. Company Settings
4. Create user(s)
Step 1: Add Xero as the accounting system
In order to connect Xero to Basecone, an accounting system needs to be added to Basecone, that will be linked with your Xero account. Before you start adding the accounting system, ensure you have valid login credentials for your Xero account at hand.
As a Super user, you can add Xero as the accounting system in Basecone when you go to Settings > Office > Accounting system. Click on the Add accounting system button at the bottom of the screen.
In the next screen, follow the steps below to create a Xero connection:
· Accounting system: select Xero.
· Description: fill in a unique name/code for your Xero connection.
Tip: do not use space when you enter the unique name/code.
· Basecone synchronisation user: select a Basecone synchronisation user. This user will be used to synchronise data between Xero and Basecone. This user will be linked to your Xero account that has permission rights in Xero to book, change bank details, etc.
📌 The Xero connection on office level is linked to the initial Basecone user. Please do not delete this user.
When all information is filled in, press the Add button. Then you will be redirected to Xero login page to enter your login credentials.
When entered, select the first organisation that you want to add to Basecone and continue (Allow access button). Xero does not allow adding multiple companies at once, other companies will need to be added one-by-one (see 2. Add company from Xero).
After confirmation, you will be redirected to Basecone and accounting system Xero will have status ‘Login success’.
Step 2: Add company from Xero
After Xero has successfully been connected to Basecone, you can add companies to Basecone that the synchronisation user has access to through the linked Xero account.
· Go to Settings > Companies and click on +Add companies
· Select the accounting system Xero that you created in step 1
· Press the Add from Xero button.
Note: organisations that you have allowed Basecone access to in Xero but that have not been added to Basecone yet, can be selected under ‘Companies’.
· You will be redirected to Xero login page to enter your login credentials (if you are not logged in yet). When entered, select the organisation that you want to add to Basecone and continue (Allow access button). Xero does not allow adding multiple companies at once, other companies will need to be added one-by-one. After confirmation, you will be redirected to Basecone.
· In Basecone ('Add companies' screen) select accounting system Xero
· Select the organisation(s) that you want to add to Basecone (maximum 5)
· Press the Add button
· In the 'Companies' screen, the newly added compan(y)(ies) with accounting system Xero will be listed.
Step 3: Company Settings
For each company, a Super user or Accountant, can manage and/or change the company's settings at Settings > Companies > Action (edit). Click here for more information.
Step 4: Create user(s)
New users can easily be created in Basecone. You can add new user via the function Users and +Add user(s). Click here for more information on how to create new users.
After they are created, you can manage each user settings by giving them user role(s) and by authorizing the user access to companies. Click here for more information.
You are now ready to start booking in Basecone.