As of the 1st of April 2019, there will be a new version of the Spenser app. Changes to the app will make it more efficient for our users. Keep on reading to see what changes will be made.
This article will guide you how you can use Spenser to create expense claims.
Here you can read more about the different possibilities of Spenser.
Before submitting the expense report, ensure that your user details are entered correctly on the app. More explanations can be found on this link.
Below are the quick steps to create and upload an expense report:
- Open the Spenser app
- Enter your login credentials or enter pincode
- Select a company
- Click on the plus icon to insert an image to the app
- Click on the line to select the item in the pending screen
- Enter the expense details
- Click on Done to send or save the expense report
Below we will go more into details of each step.
Log in and select a company
When the Spenser is opened, it will ask you to enter your login credentials or pincode. These are the normal login details of your Basecone account and press 'Log in'.
After logging in to the app, you can see the selected the company on top of the list. The selected company is where your invoice will be uploaded to. If you have access to multiple companies, you can click on the name of the company to select another company. Ensure the correct company is selected in this first step, it is not possible to change it on a later step.
Take a photo
Click on the ➕ plus icon at the bottom of the screen to take a photo or select an image saved on your mobile. It is only possible to select an image file.
If the quality of the image is poor, you can click on Retake to take another photo. If you wish to use the image, click on Use selection. Then you will have the option to choose between One item or Multiple items. More information about the camera functionality can be found in this article: Camera feature Spenser
Create or add item to an existing expense report
After an item is selected, it will redirect you to the Pending screen with the status Unassigned. Click on the line and it will go to the next page with the title Item details.
On the Item details screen (top right), you can edit the following fields if needed:
Description - The default filename is item date and time (change if needed)
Payment method - Choose the payment type: Private payment or Credit Card
Expense claim (new report) - Enter the name of a new expense report
Expense claim (incomplete report) - Or select an existing expense report
Currency - select a currency (not possible with an existing expense report)
Amount (incl. VAT) - enter the total value of the item
Category - Select one category
Date - Select the date of the receipt
After the first expense is created, the app will guide you to complete the expense report. From the example below the name of the report is March 2019 expense.
In this screen, you can still make changes if needed such as the name of the report and the payment method if needed. The company to which this report will be delivered to is also shown here.
By clicking on the line, you can still make changes to the item if needed.
If a new item needs to be added to the expense report, click on the ➕ plus icon to take a photo or select an image saved on your mobile. It is only possible to select an image file.
Save or send expense reports
When the expense report is complete, click on Send at the bottom right of the screen. This will send the expense report with all underlying receipts to Basecone.
If the expense report is not ready yet because you want to add more items to this report or you want to manage it on a later time, click on Save. The items of the report will be saved and can be managed and send on a later time.
On a later time, you can manage the saved report when you go to the menu Pending and to the tab Assigned. Click on the name of the expense report to manage it.
📌 Handy tips
- Special characters are NOT allowed in the description field such as slash "/"
- If you only submit expense in GBP, you can set a default currency so this do not need to be selected anymore. This can be changed in the app when you go to Settings - My accounting settings - Currency.
- When the expense report is ready, we would like to advise you to send the document right away to Basecone. Then it can be processed immediately by the accountant and it prevents future actions or extra clicks in Spenser.
- If you want to delete a picture because the photo was taken of bad quality, you can swipe the line to the left 🡄 in the report to delete the item.
- When swiping to the right 🡆 the document, the document is send to Basecone in the In the Pending - Assigned screen