Tips & tricks during the booking
Read here some useful tips to make booking even easier.
📌Only users with the role of Accountant and SME Accountant has access to the booking screen.
Different tips & tricks in this article
- Copy texts from the invoice
- Hotkeys/shortcuts to process your documents
- Standard labels in the booking screen
- Calculator function
- Lock the period
Copy texts from the invoice
To avoid unnecessary typing, we have built in a type-free feature in the booking screen. It is possible to easily select-copy texts from the invoice to the different fields in the booking screen such as the description field. To do this, press down the left mouse button and then select the text (see below). Then you can click the left mouse button in the field where you want to paste the text.
Hotkeys to process your documents
In order to be able to work with Basecone faster, we have provided a number of shortcuts / speed codes, which means you will work less with the mouse. Shortcuts are available for the following functions:
- Book/Process (ALT + P)
- Book/Process and save posting rules: (ALT + O)
- Save: (ALT + N)
- Reject: (ALT + R)
- Add bookings entry line : (ALT + L)
- Add or change supplier or customer: (ALT + U)
Standard labels in the booking screen
Standard notations are often used for (invoice) descriptions when booking invoices. In order to make this as easy as possible, Basecone introduced standard labels.
How do standard labels work?
In the booking screen, you can add a label in the description field that is related to another field in the booking screen and these labels can be saved as a posting rules. Each time the supplier / customer is selected, the label will be filled in automatically. You can fill in the label in the description field between brackets (see below). In the booking screen you will only see the label, but after the invoice is booked - you will see the contents of the field in the accounting system and in the archive of Basecone.
Which standard labels are available?
The following labels are currently available and will only work if the same exact format below is used:
- [month] to show the month of the invoice date. Alternatives to this are [month+1] or [month-1] (can be till +12 and -12)
- [Suppliercode] (note, for sales invoices this will be seen as plain text and will be shown like that)
- [Suppliername] (note, for sales invoices this will be seen as plain text and will be shown like that)
- [Customercode] (note, for sales invoices this will be seen as plain text and will be shown like that)
- [Customername] (note, for sales invoices this will be seen as plain text and will be shown like that)
For the standard label [Order Number] there is a difference with the header. If you enter this label in the description field (in the booking line) - this will only be entered in the ledger field, and not as the header line.
In the booking screen, you can use the calculation functions without having to use a calculator. You can use the following functions to calculate the amounts: add (+), subtract (-), multiply (*) and/or divide (/) in the following fields:
- Amount (incl. Vat)
- Amount (ex. Vat)
- Vat amount (if you click the lock open)
This works as follows: Click in one of the above mentioned cell where you want to run the calculation. Type in the calculation and press enter or click in another cell to calculate the sum.
📌 You cannot use a comma or a dot to indicate thousands.
Example: 1,000*8 is not allowed. Type 1000*8 to execute the calculation.
Example in a GBP language: GBP 5000.30 + GBP 500.20 = GBP 5,500.50
Lock the period
Next to the field period in the booking screen, a pin is displayed. By clicking on the pin this will lock the period in the booking screen. This allows you to easily book multiple invoices from a previous period without having to adjust the period.
📌 When the pin is locked , the period will be grayed out (see above image).